Sunday 21 October 2012

Alison Frends Wicked Memories

I know it was very short notice but I already have a couple of Wicked Memories to post on the blog but please keep sending them in. I'm away from Tuesday for a week but I'll continue to post your messages when I get back.

I know you can always tweet but 140 characters limits your options so you could also use this opportunity to wish Rachel good luck for the next stage of her career.


Thanks to Alison for sending us her Wicked Memories.

As fans of Lee Mead, I first went to see Wicked in August 2010, with my daughters. However despite enjoying seeing Lee as Fiyero, it was the performance by the actress painted green & playing the wicked witch that took my breath away. Not being able to read the theatre programme until on the train home; I found out she was Rachel Tucker, the contestant that I was so disappointed to see miss out on a place in the final of “I’d Do Anything” ! Wow ! What a much greater role than that of Nancy !

Since then we’ve been avid fans, following her career, attending West End Live just to see her show stopping performances, having the great pleasure of meeting her at the stage door, the rare appearances on TV & of course attending Wicked several more times. On 27th October we will be so excited but sad to see that last performance as Elphaba. Very best wishes for the future Rachel; we will be impatiently waiting for the next chance to see you take the stage by storm !

No comments: