Sunday 4 November 2012

An Incredible 4 Years

The above picture was taken on Rachel's penultimate night in Wicked but as I've received a number of final night reviews to post on the blog, I decided to do something a little different and take a quick look back at an amazing period in Rachel's career.

It's now 4 and half years since we started this blog and during that time Rachel has gone from a west end wannabe to one of the biggest names in musical theatre.

It was the Andrew Lloyd Webber TV programme I'd Do Anything that first brought Rachel to the public eye and even before the live shows I was sure she was a star in the making. Her audition tape alone was enough to tell me that and her opening performance of About You Now only cemented my belief that this girl was destined for big things.





Despite only coming forth - a travesty in my opinion - Rachel was quickly snapped up to play one of the lead female roles - Meat - in long running west end show We Will Rock You.

She was also understudy for Scaramouche.

She was breath-takingly good in both roles and even managed to look great in the interesting outfits they wear in this show. However, I doubt she still has them in her wardrobe today : -)





It was March 2010 when Rachel took over as Elphaba in Wicked and her career really took off. Sorry couldn't resisit that : -)

Elphaba is the biggest and most demanding female role in musical theatre but from an early age and a family trip to Broadway it was Rachel's dream to play the green witch. In fact she went as far as promising her mother that she would be flying over Oz one day.

As we all know that dream came true and for the past 32 month's she has been wowing audinces on a daily basis with her stunning performances and mind blowing vocals.





In her farewell speech Rachel said she felt blessed to play such a fantastic role but I think you'd all agree that it's us - the fans - that have been blessed to witness her magical time as Elphaba.

This post could easily have been ten times as long. I haven't mentioned West End Live, Dancing on Ice, Children in Need, Love 146, Wicked Day, the Olivier Awards, Guy, Barney and a whole host of other amazing things that have happened over the past 4 years but I'd be here for weeks if I tried to cover that lot.

You can of course look back through our old posts to relive all those fantastic memories.

Next up for Rachel are the charity concerts mentioned in the post below and after that the most exciting period of her life is set to begin as she becomes a mother for the first time.

Who knows what the future holds but with the talent and drive of Rachel Tucker ANYTHING is possible and as always we'll be here to keep you up to date.

1 comment:

Mia said...

I just have to say this. One of the things that amazes me the most about rachel is her unending love for what she does. A look at any video on youtube and you can easily tell. I just adore how she played with the audience in that one West End Live video. She's just too cute! :D She's the sweetest most genuine person I've ever met, she's just incredible. I love you rachel! :)