Friday 4 July 2008

Rachel -- The Full Monty










Here's a little gem just in. Let's turn our Rachel clocks back to 2004, when our girl landed the part of Estelle in the Full Monty touring stage show.
Here is a contempary article from Belfast newspaper the News Letter:


''It's every little girl's dream to be a star but one Belfast woman has swapped dancing in front of her mirror with a hairbrush with performing on stage at Ulster's top theatre.

Rachel Tucker, 23, has landed a role in The Full Monty, which is currently playing to sellout crowds in the Grand Opera House.

Playing Estelle, Gerry's bit on the side, Rachel shines in her singing and acting role. "It's great because I have a lot of oneliners. It's a good, fun role," she said.

Having graduated from the Royal Academy of Music in London, Rachel found herself pulling pints and waiting on tables despite 15 agents literally queuing up to represent her. "At the end of the year we had a showcase and I was approached by 15 different agents," said Rachel. "It was great but I worked in a bar and Japanese restaurant until something came along, that's just part and parcel of the job."

The Belfast show is Rachel's first major production and something she feels very lucky to be involved in. "I've just turned 23 and I just keep thinking how lucky I am to in a mainstream musical tour. It's a great experience," said Rachel. "It's lovely to tour around and see different places. It can be tiring and you're just living out of a suitcase all the time, but I try my best to get home every few weeks."

The former Little Flower schoolgirl admits to being a show-off in her childhood. "I wasn't great at the academic stuff, I was always too much of a show-off. A couple of my teachers are coming to see me so that's nice," said Rachel. "I didn't want to know when my family were coming though, I get so nervous when I know they are in the audience."

The Full Monty will be at the Grand Opera House until June 12.''

No comments: