Wednesday 4 June 2008

Rachel -- About You Now


David says:

This was Rachel's opening performance on 'I'd Do Anything' and it was nothing short of stunning.

Having previously seen Rachel as Dorothy in The Wizard Of Oz, this was quite a startling image change. The little yellow dress, the uptempo number and the sassy moves would most likely have given the tinman a heart attack, but demonstrated beyond all doubt the lady's range and versatility.

My better half put it succinctly -- 'those other girls might as well go home.'

Andy says:

An incredible performance and one of my favourites of the entire series. It may have been the first live show but it was already obvious that Rachel was a class apart and a star in the making. The judges were blown away with Rachel from the start as these comments show:

Denise Van Outen told Rachel: "I loved your performance tonight; I thought it was absolutely fantastic. That was the rawness, the roughness, the quality that we are looking for in Nancy and you gave it to us tonight - it was absolutely brilliant. I've got friends in the East End of London and you'd fit right in with them!"

John Barrowman said: "Rachel, I really stuck my neck out for you to keep you in this competition, and you know what? - You were fantastic! fantastic! fantastic! That was so good, such a great performance."

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Watch the video below and judge for yourself.

No comments: